The Daughters of Jesus
The Congregation of the Daughters of Jesus was founded in France in 1834. Ten Daughters of Jesus came to Canada in 1902. Four of them went to Morinville and started to teach there. Their good reputation grew and additional school space was required. In 1909, the central part of the convent was built and there were additions later on. They taught there until the convent was closed in 1968. The convent became a provincial historical site.