St. Jean-Baptiste Parish
The Parish was founded by Father Jean Baptiste Morin in 1891 and the first chapel was built later that year. A new church was built in 1893 while the current church was built in 1907. In 1974, the latter became Alberta’s first provincial historical site. These churches were always a central component of community life. The priests, besides being spiritual leaders, played an important role in the community.