h

Morinville-Alexander

Artist(s):

In 1876, Treaty number 6 was signed and the Alexander Reserve was established, named after the first chief of the reserve. Between 1891 and 1899, Father Jean-Baptiste Morin established the town of Morinville with the help of many Francophone and German families. The mural presents the cooperative relation between the two communities by their playing on the Morinville Jets hockey teams together. Through sports, mutual appreciation continues to grow between the two communities.

MENU
×